> Why CHATO?
CHATO allows us to do more with something we already love. CHATO is a process that creates a liquid-state potato with broad applications that address issues of food security, allergens and sustainability.
Benefits of CHATO
- Food security
- Potato is a high yield sustainable food source. For comparison, grain food yield per hectare is about one third of potato
- Production efficiencies
- CHATO can be produced by using byproducts from current potato processing.
- Food yield could increase by millions of tons without any additional potatoes planted.
- Sustainable future
- Potato production is less water and resource intensive than most grains and animal products
Current Investment Opportunities
Our current road to market is:
- Raise pilot plant funding
- Produce CHATO for product development and marketing activities
- Develop forward orders
- Reduce investor risk
Next innovation round:
- Raise production plant capital
> Background information
Why does CHATO work?
CHATO is a process that creates a liquid-state potato with broad applications that address issues of food security, allergens and sustainability.
CHATO can use almost 100% of the wholesome potato crop, as well as byproduct from processing and packaging. Current processes waste roughly 25% of the available potato crop.
Current CHATO solutions fall broadly into 5 categories:
- Traditional potato products - fries, wedges, hash-browns, or cubed and ready to serve as salad
- Dairy analogues - milk, cream, custard, ice cream, cheese etc.
- Snack foods - biscuits, crisps etc, suitable for baking or frying
- Shelf-stable potato or fortified functional foods - shelf life between 4 months and 4 years
- Food ingredient - thickeners, binders, moist texture enhancers etc.
Our ongoing research and testing is regularly delivering new applications.